I came across this pretty cool thing online today. A 5k question survey. Seems like the ultimate boredom buster. Here we go with part one…
Due to their length, these posts have not been proof-read, sorry.
1. Who are you?
I am Alice Rees, 19, female, Lancaster
2. What are the 3 most important things everyone should know about you?
I love my friends, I suffer from depression, I love to be with people
3. When you aren’t filling out 5,000 question surveys like this one what are you doing?
I work in the kitchen at the Sir Richard Owens Weatherspoon’s, and as a sales person in Shoe Zone, I am a social secretary for LURPS, I love reading, writing, listening to music, gaming, and being with people.
4. List your classes in school from the ones you like the most to the ones you like the least (or if you are out of school, think of the classes you did like and didn’t like at the time).
Economics, Biology, Psychology (those are my A-Levels)
5. What is your biggest goal for this year?
By September, I want to have decided if I’m going back to university or becoming a ‘Real Person’ and starting my own business
6. Where do you want to be in 5 years?
In 5 years, I want to be smiling somewhere. Ideally I’d have a serious boyfriend, a house, a cat, and my own, established business
7. What stage of life are you in right now?
I am student age, nearly 20. The stage of life where everything is still so wonderful to me that I walk around in awe of the beauty of the world.
8. Are you more child-like or childish?
I’m quite child-like in that I’m short and skinny, but I’m childish in that I derive amusement from some simple things.
9. What is the last thing you said out loud?
Probably something along the lines of ‘Thanks, see you soon’ to David (mydigitallove )
10. What song comes closest to how you feel about your life right now?
When I Grow Up – Garbage
11. Have you ever taken martial arts classes?
Yup, took some Aikido lessons when I was younger. Got to a yellow belt and was on the verge of doing the grading for an orange when we moved house.
12. Does your life tend to get better or worse or does it just stay the same?
Life is a tapestry of change. Some days, I’m so happy with the world and my life that I think my cheeks might break from smiling, and then others I want to hide under my desk and forget that life exists.
13. Does time really heal all wounds?
No. Time gives you perspective, but some wounds will hurt just as much as they always have.
14. How do you handle a rainy day?
In the Summer, a rainy day is a blessing. A day that is hot, muggy and heavy can be made into a perfect day by a summer thunder storm. When its so warm that being drenched doesn’t matter, rain is the best thing in the world. In the Winter, it’s annoying but not the end of the world. I don’t like being too cold though.
15. Which is worse…losing your luggage or having to sort out tangled holiday lights?
Losing your luggage is worse. I hate losing things. Freaks me out. [Can’t help but be amused that they’re refered to as Holiday lights rather than Christmas lights]
16. How is your relationship with your parents?
Very good. I get along with my mum (cookingwithwine) incredibly well, and my relationship with my Dad is about as good as it can be given the circumstances.
Will you miss them when they are gone?
In a weird way, I’ll be sad to see my Dad to go, but I won’t neccisarilly miss him, he’s been gone from my life nearly ten years now. I will miss my Mum more than bares thinking about.
17. Do you tend to be aware of what is going on around you?
It really does depend. I can be aware of some very inane things, like trees and flowers and whatnot, but I’m often oblivious to more obvious, for example I often trip over my own feet or the floor because I’m not paying enough attention.
18. What is the truest thing that you know?
I would not be alive today without my friends and without music.
19. What did you want to be when you grew up?
When I was very young I wanted to be a Mummy and have twenty kids. I grew out of that one though. Now I just want to get a bit taller.
20. Have you ever been given a second chance?
Yes. I imagine most people have.
21. Are you more of a giver or a taker?
I’m a giver at heart, I like to make my friends happy more than anything.
22. Do you make your decisions with an open heart/mind?
I like to think that I am very open minded, and open hearted. Having an open heart is a requirement to live in the modern world, having an open heart is part of who I am and is why I trust and love so easily.
23. What is the most physically painful thing that has ever happened to you?
I think the memory of physical pain fades. It’s difficult to recall anything that I’d describe as the most painful. Probably some of my worse headaches/migranes.
24. What is the most emotionally painful thing that has ever happened to you?
Realising that my relationship with Matt was over and there was nothing I could do or say to get it back.
25. Who have you hugged today?
A few people. Katie, Sam, Connor, David, possibly more.
26. Who has done something today to show they care about you?
People show that they care about me in many ways every day. A smile, a hug, a text, etc.
27. Do you have a lot to learn?
There never stops being a lot to learn.
28. If you could learn how to do three things just by wishing and not by working what would they be?
A Get over my depression
B Run a successful business
C Become a Master Bowman
29. Which do you remember the longest: what other people say, what other people do or how other people make you feel?
How people make me feel lingers in my mind and heart far more than details like words and actions.
30. What are the key ingredients to having a good relationship?
Trust, being able to laugh together, enjoying each other’s company, respect.
31. What 3 things do you want to do before you die?
A See #28
32. What three things would you want to die to avoid doing?
A Dive into the arctic sea with no protective equipment (I hate the cold)
B Betray someone I love
C Ride an escalator to the moon
33. Is there a cause you believe in more than any other cause?
There are a lot of things that are good causes – you can’t call anyone the ‘worthiest’
34. What does each decade make you think of:
20’s: Yellow Sign
30’s: Between the Wars
60’s: The Beatles
70’s: That 70’s Show
80’s: Really bad music
2000 (so far): Growing up
35. Which decade do you feel the most special connection to and why?
2010’s – it’s the here and now, and nothing can change it and nothing can take away my here and my now.
36. What is your favorite oldie/classic rock song?
Talk Dirty To Me – Poison
37. What country do you live in and who is the leader of that country?
UK, No current definite leader. David Cameron/Nick Clegg hung parliament
If you could say any sentence to the current leader of your country what would it be?
Don’t fuck it up like Tony did.
38. What’s your favorite TV channel to watch in the middle of the night?
Fox Kids or Dave
39. What Disney villain are you the most like and why?
I’m like Jafar from Aladin – I have his moustache
40. Have you ever been a girl scout/boy scout?
41. If you were traveling to another continent would you rather fly or take a boat?
Boat – I love the sight of water. Flying makes my ears hurt.
42. Why is the sky blue during the day and black at night?
This side of the sky might appear black, but on the other side of the world it’s blue and bright.
43. What does your name mean?
44. Would you rather explore the deeps of the ocean or outer space?
The ocean, because it’s finite. Exploring something infinite like outer space would be terrifying.
45. Word association
What is the first word that comes to mind when you see the word:
Magic: the Gathering
46. If you could meet any person in the world who is dead who would you want it to be?
J R R Tolkein, to thank him for making my childhood magical.
47. What if you could meet anyone who is alive?
J K Rowling, for the same reason.
48. Is there a movie that you love so much you could watch it everyday?
Silence of the Lambs, though eventually I’d get bored of that too.
49. You are going to be stuck alone in an elevator for a week. What do you bring to do?
Cards for solitaire, stuffto eat amd drink, oxygen to breathe, a pillow to be comfy.
50. Have you ever saved someone’s life or had your life saved?
It probably didn’t save my life, but my friend pushed me out of the way of a firework once. Irresponsible youths with firey things = bad
51. Make up a definition for the following silly words…
Fruitgoogle: A tropical bird of some kind
Ambytime: A sleeping tablet brand
Asscactus: A particularly nasty desert related mishap.
52. What was the last thing you made with your own hands?
53. What was your favorite toy as a child?
54. How many TV’s are in your house?
55. What is your favorite thing to do outside?
Walk. Look at nature. Appreciate the world we live in.
56. How do you feel when you see a rainbow?
Awed at the beauty of nature
57. Have you ever dreamt a dream that came true?
Yes, funnily enough. I had a dream during my first year of uni about kissing Chris, and now he’s my boyfriend!
58. Have you ever been to a psychic/tarot reader?
59. What is your idea of paradise?
Williamson Park on a quiet, sunny day.
60. Do you believe in god and if so what is he/she/it like?
Yes and no. It’s very difficult to articulate my religious beliefs. I’m agnostic.
61. Do you believe in Hell?
62. What one thing have you done that most people haven’t?
Swam in the sea.
63. What is the kindest thing you have ever done?
I think (I hope) I do a lot of kind things. I can’t think of one thing in particular that stands out. I guess volunteering was pretty kind.
64. Are you a patient person?
Yes, I am very patient
65. What holiday should exist but doesn’t?
Stop and Smell the Roses Day
66. What holiday shouldn’t exist but does?
67. What’s the best joke you ever heard?
I’ve heard a lot of good jokes.
68. Where is the most fun place you have EVER been?
69. Is your hair natural or dyed?
70. Do you have any deep dark secrets or are you pretty much up front?
I have secrets, they aren’t that deep or dark though.
71. What is under your bed right now?
Boxes, clothes, possibly some rat poo (I really need to hoover >.<)
72. If you were in the Land of Oz would you want to live there or go home?
I’d want to come home to my friends!
73. If you drive do you frequently speed?
I don’t drive.
74. What is the world’s best song to dance to?
That’s a tricky question…. There are a lot of songs that make me want to dance. If I think of one, I’ll edit it in.
75. What song was on the last time you danced with someone?
It was at Darkside of the Lune, so something appropriate to that.
76. Do you prefer Disney or Warner Brothers?
77. What is the first animal you would run to see if you went to the zoo?
78. Would you consider yourself to be romantic?
Yeah, at heart.
79. If the earth stopped rotating would we all fly off?
Well humans can’t fly while the earth is rotating, I don’t see why that would change if it suddently stopped…
80. What is the one thing that you love to do so much that you would make sacrifices to be able to do it?
Be with my friends
81. If you (and everyone) had to lose one right or freedom, but you could pick which one everyone had to lose, what would you pick?
Right to bare arms in the USA. Since the UK doesn’t have a written constituation, it’s hard to define the rights and freedoms that we have.
82. If you had to choose would you live on the equator or at the North Pole?
83. Would you rather give up listening to music or watching television?
Watching TV. I hardly watch any TV but I listen to a LOT of music.
84. What do you think makes someone a hero?
Doing something inspiring and amazing.
85. What cartoon would you like to be a character in?
The Simpsons! Yellow is a nice colour.
86. Name one thing that turns your stomach:
87. What was the last thing you paid for?
A bottle of coke
88. Are you a coupon clipper?
89. Get anything good in the mail recently?
My gran sent me some money 😀 (thanks Nan Kay)
90. Which would you rather take as a gym class…dancing, sailing, karate, or bowling?
I’d want to take all of them!!
91. In Star Trek people ‘beam’ back and forth between different places. What this means is they stand in a little tube and their molecules are deconstructed and sent to another tube somewhere else where they are reassembled. Only problem is when the molecules are deconstructed the person is dead. When they are put back together it is only a clone that has all the dead person’s memories. So…
Is the person who gets beamed the same person on both ends?
If the ‘cloned’ person has all the exact same memories, experiences, feelings, and personality, then yes.
92. What insects are you afraid of?
93. If you could print any phrase on a T-shirt, what would it say?
94. What’s the most eccentric thing you have ever worn?
I’ve worn a lot of eccentric things in my time.
95. If you could pick one food that you could eat all you wanted but it would have no effect on how much you weigh, what food would it be?
96. What are your parents interested in?
97. Have you ever caught an insect and kept it as a pet?
We collected catapillers when I was young and encouraged them to grow into pupae and thence into butterflies. I think I accidentally squished the only one that actually pupated 😦
Have you ever caught and tamed a wild animal?
98. What is more helpful to you, wishes or plans?
They are both helpful in their own way. Plans exist to make wishes real.
99. When do you feel your life energy the strongest?
When I am around natural beauty with someone I love.
100. You are spending the night alone in the woods and may bring only 3 items with you. What do you bring?
Sleeping bag, torch, bottle of water.